Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Royal Albert


I had a surprise sent to me recently from my mum so I thought I would share it with you, I was so excited un packing my goodies.  My mum has kindly given me her Royal Albert Old Country Roses Tea set which she has collected for many years, this design has sold one hundred million pieces since it was launched in 1962 so loads kicking around out there.   The recipe book is so lovely I don't want to write in it for fear of spoiling the gorgeous pages!! 



 It is believed that Anna, Duchess of Bedford began the ritual  of afternoon tea, women would dress up & have there finest china & silverware presented to show there success & Stature.  I just like to have my friends round for a good gossip & catch up but I am sure that still hasn't changed in some house holds.


It has its own home now in my dresser & I will be using it to have my tea in that's for sure, how could you not?  So mum when you next come to stay we shall have a nice cup of Tea  a yummy cake & a good old catch up!! Can't wait :)

Lainey :) x

Images: Calico Child

12 comments:

  1. OH NOW isn't this a treat to OPEN UP TO!!!!!!!!

    So lovely....

    And thank you for stopping by and reading Tina's interview!!!

    Now off to my classroom I go! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    This is so precious! What a sweet thing your mom did for you! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    Have a Blessed Week, my friend and thank you so much for your comments. It's being great to get to know you!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty... OMG I have a tea cup in saucer in that same pattern from my grandma. How fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such beauties! Perfect for open- or see-through shelving. Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, i think i like this pattern now, but when i was a teenager working at the Bridal Registry at Myer, i had to suffer this Royal Albert collection. I remember a friend winning the entire set at a 'product information night' & being a fellow teen, she 'returned it' to Myer & paid off her Myer card, ha!! I wonder if she wishes she had it now in our mid 30s?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by. It's always great to read your comments!


    Wishing you a blessed weekend.

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fancy! would love to drink my morning coffee out of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there sweet friend!

    Thank you for coming by to celebrate my Etsy opening! IT IS FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

    How are you precious?

    Have a lovely Sunday! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats such a sweet setting. My mum has lots of vintage china I hope she will give to me one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Royal Albert! I collect tea cups and dessert plates - and while most of them a vintage, a small portion are new ones I purchased from either Anthropologie or Royal Albert. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this set...I have only a few pieces but I cherish them all the same...it is nice to use them instead of just as show pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mum has the same set too and I've always loved it and associated it with luxury. I've never seen the recipe book before. It's so lovely but please use it, it will be so much more special one day when your daughter then uses it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment It means so much to me!! :))))