Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Creative Space


The other day my daughter produced this picture to me & asked if I could make this out fit for a project that they are working on at school for a boat regatta, apparently they have all built boats out of card board boxes & are doing a race with them on land so the kid's are all in the boats but running with them.

My daughter & her friend are playing the roll of cheerleaders  so on Sunday I found out I had to make 2 costumes (phew) so off I ran to Spotlight to get all my supplies I needed as I was working Mon & Tue I could only make them in the evening so after 2 nights I finished.  HOORAY.



I should say we finished as my mother in law came to stay with us on Saturday for 5 weeks so she was a great help pinning, ironing & helping with other things, I said "you timed your visit just at the right time" hee.



The skirt is my favourite it turned out really well, go go girls have fun, they have sorted out a routine shame we cannot be there to see it, I didn't do the binding stripes on the top as I ran out of time, more notice next time please Soph!!  hee.

Happy Creating

Lainey :) x

Images: Calico Child

7 comments:

  1. Teens! You've got to love them, especially when they spring surprises on you like this. Thank goodness for your excellent sewing skills and your Mother In Law!

    Well done Lainey, another triumph,
    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic! What a great idea and even better making of it :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever are you!!!!! They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with such little notice...I bet they looked the part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a magic mom, indeed. Great job! You should be proud of yourself to create something so adorable in a short time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done! So lovely! Have a fabulous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO cool, i love the colours, style & grew sewing. Just attended a high school athletics carnival & there were some cheerleaders, i didn't even think to make a costume, what a great idea!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment It means so much to me!! :))))