Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 12, 2011

Curtains


Thought I would share with you my curtains I have made for the new house I was so scared cutting into this gorgeous fabric, I measured it all so many times to be perfectly accurate It was so easy when I got going  as it had a pattern that was a big help to get the perfect cut.


Love my Janome the fabric glided through like butter, it was a dream, there was so much fabric though so I had to use my ironing board to take the weight as my studio isn't finished yet but not to worry my kitchen top was just the trick.   Will show you the studio once it's complete.


All hung made some Sheree's too it just softens the window & compliments the fabric ideally.



There we go, I cannot stop looking at it at the moment  oh I'm so sad aren't I hee hee


All closed and cosy ready for a good night sleep all the Fabric is from Harry Harry the width was 240cm so I never had to make a join which is great, they have so many wide width fabrics I was spoilt for choice but this one was just perfect for me.

Lainey x

Images: Calico Child


3 comments:

  1. Dear Lainey,
    Your curtains are beautiful. The fabric is lovely and you have made such a good job of them. No wonder you keep looking at them. If I had made them so well, I would just sit in a chair and gaze at them for hours !!!! haha
    Many thanks for your comment today. I just wanted to reassure you that it is OK to come over. Although it was such a terrible thing that happened, I think that it is under control now and only happened in selected areas. I really hope that you don't stop coming over because of what happened. It has happened in Paris and other areas of France, Canada, is always happening in some part of the US and, I'm afraid, all over the world. It seems to be the sign of the times. London is still my favourite city in the world, as is the rest of the UK. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lainey,

    What a delight to meet you this morning (my time!) and see that you have become a member to my blog!

    Oh how I wish I had a sewing machine! I would love to sew and make my own pillows and dresses!!!

    Thank you for your kind words and enjoy and make FUN THINGS!!!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! Very well done! Have a fabulous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment It means so much to me!! :))))